And it's time for a gut check. Seriously. Take a look at your abs. They are a good general indicator of your health. No, you do not need a six pack to say you have arrived.
- If you are on point, congratulations! Your goal is to STAY focused and on point.
- If you are not happy, then this is your moment to take control and do something about it so that your resolution does not become a sad, discarded statistic.
Sit down and write out your new, achievable mid-year resolution. Then write down how you are going to get to mountaintop from where you stand now. Start with small steps.
- Walk the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Stay true to your goal by not giving into to peer pressure to have that dessert or drink.
- Recruit others to help you.
- Have someone help you set aside time to workout. ( that would be YOU!). Put it in your calendar like it's a meeting or a commitment. Because IT IS.
- Sign up for a spin class, put your running shoes by the door, attend a boot camp, ...
The bottom-line is to make progress. Don't have the same conversation you had with yourself in 2014 that you had on the eve of 2013.
Do something today!!