On the heels of my last post comes this NY Times article postulating that being upbeat is good for you. Another reason to have HOT (Happy Optimistic Thoughts) days, it's good for you! If you go back to the "Ten Keys to a Happier Life" you'll find all of these can help you find awe in your daily life and lower your IL-6.
Especially if you:
1.Notice the world around you
2. Realize your part of something bigger
3. Connect with people who you can help and who appreciate your support. (They have to do their part too!)
4. Take stock of what's important and appreciate what you have and let minor things stay that way.
5. Gratitude goes a long way in being happy
6. And of course do does... Exercise!
7. Remember Einstein once said...
"You can live your life as though there are no miracles or you can live your life as though everything is a miracle." Go with Awe!Awe, that goose-bumpy mix of fear and wonder, appears to be particularly good for the body.